Abiding Presence Preschool Fall 2020 Preschool Plan
Abiding Presence Preschool is committed to protecting the health of our children, families, staff, and community. The following policies were designed in response to guidance from the Michigan Departments of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) and Health and Human Services, in accordance with best practices from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and with everyone's well-being in mind. To limit the potential spread of COVID-19, we will be making some temporary changes to our programming to ensure everyone’s safety for in person instruction this fall.
Drop off and Pick up Procedure:
- Staggered times will minimize the number of people during drop off and pick up times.
- Parents will pull around to their assigned door (please wear a mask) and stop. When a staff member is ready for your child please help your child out of the car. Once their temperature is checked and health questions answered a teacher will take them to their classroom.
- Staff and children will have their temperature checked upon arrival, using a no-touch thermometer cleaned between each person. A staff member will ask parents if their child has been unwell in the past 3 days or in contact with anyone who has Covid-19
- Masks will be worn by everyone (staff & children) entering the building.
- Children/Staff will wash hands often throughout the day.
- Potty training is MANDATORY. All students must be potty trained and should no longer be wearing a pull-up at this time. If a child has an accident, a parent will be called and asked to take the child home for the remainder of the day.
- Snack time will be suspended at this time. Extended day programs are not offered at this time, so there will be no lunch in the building.
- Each classroom will have 2 dedicated classrooms to use during their class time. Rooms/ spaces will not be shared with other classes during this time. Each class will be separated into 2 smaller groups to minimize exposure and allow for spacing.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of toys and common surfaces will occur throughout the day. Professional cleaners will come at the end of every preschool day for a deep cleaning.
- Symptoms will be monitored throughout the day. If a child develops symptoms, parents will be contacted to pick up their child. Any staff member who develops symptoms will be excused for the day.
- Parents will call or text Abiding Presence Preschool at 248-678-2752 to report symptoms or a positive test. A positive test includes their child or anyone in the household or someone they have been in contact with.
- The director will contact Oakland County Health Department with any positive cases at the school.
- Following CDC and state guidelines, children/staff with a positive test or symptoms will remain at home until safe to return to preschool.
- Parents/Staff will be notified via email about any positive tests reported at the preschool.
- If there is a positive test, the preschool will be thoroughly cleaned. Children and staff exposed will self-quarantine. Exposed classrooms will not be used until safe to do so.